The European Data Protection Board’s addressed some interesting issues during its 12th Plenary Session on July 9 and 10:
- Guidelines on how the GDPR applies to the processing of personal data when using video devices.
- Opinion on the draft Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) for framing the processing by a processor submitted to the Board by the Danish Supervisory Authority (SA). If all recommendations are implemented, the Danish SA will be able to use this draft agreement as Standard Contractual Clauses pursuant to article 28.8 GDPR.
- Joint EDPB-EDPS opinion on the personal data protection aspects of the processing of patients’ data in the eHealth Digital Service Infrastructure (eHDSI).
- Opinion on the competence of a supervisory authority when the circumstances relating to the main or single establishment change.
- Opinion on Austrian SA draft decision on the Accreditation Criteria for Codes of Conduct monitoring bodies.
- Joint EDPB-EDPS reply to the European Parliament Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs’ (LIBE) request for a legal assessment regarding the impact of the US CLOUD Act on the EU legal data protection framework.