California Attorney General Xavier Becerra released the title and summary for the CCPA 2.0 ballot initiative, the California Privacy Rights Act.
- Right to amend inaccurate information
- Right to restrict the use of “Sensitive Personal Information” which includes finances, race, biometric information or information revealing health status or precise location.
- Data minimization (collect only what you need)
- Retention limitation (retain only for as long as necessary for the purpose)
- Increase fines for violations regarding use of children’s information
- Transparency regarding automated decision making
- Establish a new authority to protect these rights, the California Privacy Protection Agency