Marketers will need to show that they are compliant with data privacy laws.
What’s clear from all this new regulation is that:
- “Consumers are now more aware of their data and that it is valuable.”
- “Personalization as we have come to know it, is dead. The Holy Grail of marketing – the ability to target the right consumer, at the right time, in the right location, on the right platform, with the right message – is now even harder, because consumer consent must be sought, across all touchpoints. This makes first-party data more valuable than ever.”
- “As third-party, cross-website cookie tracking is being phased out…the capacity of marketers to ‘know’ or identify online consumers will get harder.”
- “New regulations change the data landscape, but there are opportunities for brands to present themselves as ‘privacy first’ to consumers who are wary of how their data is being used .”
- “It’s important for brands to be trustworthy and transparent around consumer data – not only is it the right thing to do, it’s also good for business.”