Lawmakers in Oklahoma have introduced a new privacy bill.
The state’s new privacy bill imposes a duty of posting a detailed data privacy disclosure for the collection of personal information on a website. If passed, it will be effective November 2021.
- categories of personal information collected
- specific pieces of personal information
- purposes of the collection
- business or commercial purpose of sale
- categories of third parties with whom share the information (and if sold – then by category)
- process for review or amending the information collected