I had the pleasure of speaking recently with Jamal Ahmed on the PrivacyPros Podcast about privacy enforcement and privacy career trends.
Among the questions I tried to address:
- What does the new Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and its opt outs of hashed email targeted advertising mean?
- Why should everyone read George Orwell’s “1984” and Carol Dweck’s “Mindset”?
- What does the end of third-party cookies mean for data processing?
- Why should women overcome the often natural tendency to open with an apology?
- Why should we care about cookies even under U.S. data protection laws?
- Why should privacy professionals (and everyone) listen to Brené Brown’s awesome “Dare to Lead” and “Unlocking Us” podcasts?
- Where are U.S. data protection regulations going?
- Why do you need to be passionate about what you do to be a successful privacy professional?
- Why do I intersperse so many “likes” when I speak spontaneously? (Sorry, no good answer to that one. But I’ll accept commiseration.)