Questions to ask when looking for a privacy tech solution:
- What is the problem I am trying to solve?
- Is the need as narrow as a cookie consent tool or a broader solution like a preference manager?
- Do I have in-house solutions that I need to accommodate?
- What kind of reporting do I need?
- What would be “nice” to have?
- What’s my timeline for implementation?
- What’s my budget?
- What kind of training and technical support is included?
- What’s the ask of my organization’s IT department to integrate a third-party solution?
- Where and how is the solution hosted?
- What choices are available?
- Ask for a demo
- Look at two or three solutions.
- How it works
- How updates for regulatory changes happen
- How can it best solve my particular issue.
Don’t be afraid to ask for a second round of demos or questions and answers.
Details from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.