There is a complex web of federal and state statutes and regulations that govern the gathering, use, and retention of private information. Yet many companies and institutions often have only a vague understanding of their rights, obligations, and potential liability. Fox Rothschild attorneys have the necessary experience to address investigations, claims, and lawsuits alleging violations in the privacy arena.
Fox attorneys counsel clients with regard to:
- privacy statutes and regulations governing the gathering and retention of personal information
- policies and company-wide programs to ensure compliance
- electronic data security
- data security breaches that result in the potential unlawful disclosure of personal identifying information
- social networking web site issues
- content and transmission data pertaining to wiretapping and access to stored communications
- anonymity in cyberspace
- privacy rights in person, name, and property
Visit our Media, Defamation & Privacy Law Practice page to learn more.