A comment requested that the California Attorney General clarify the specific requirements for making privacy notices “easy to read and understandable to the average consumer” under the California Consumer Privacy Act regulations.
The Attorney General responded:
- The provisions of Section 999.305(a)(2) are sufficient to make this clear.
- Also, notices cannot be misleading.
- European Union: 40-page EDPB guidance on the meaning of transparency
- United Kingdom: detailed guidance
- Singapore: detailed guide with examples