“It is important that organizations have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place. This includes having clear data protection policies, taking a ‘data protection by design and default’ approach and continuing to review and monitor performance and adherence to data protection rules and regulations” – says Adam Stevens, Head of Intelligence at the UK Information
Several initiatives signal big changes for the regulation of privacy in China in 2019 reports the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- End of bundled consent: Controllers are required to provide a privacy notice in intelligible, clear and concise wording and to obtain freely given consent from data subjects. The bundled consent, or “take-it-or-leave-it”
Privacy compliance as a competitive differentiator: 97% of 3,200 companies surveyed say they are receiving auxiliary benefits today from their data privacy investments, beyond just meeting compliance requirements.
Benefits cited include:
- greater agility and innovation
- competitive advantage versus competition
- operational efficiency
- investor appeal
- less costly data breaches
- for companies that had undergone GDPR compliance work,
If you de-identify end user data, this may be a use compatible with the original purpose for which the data was provided and not require seeking consent from the individual.
So, that’s between you and the end user. What about in b2b contracts? Here, the question of using or commercializing data, even if anonymized, often…